Mental health problems are among the most common health conditions, directly affecting about a quarter of the population in any one year. This qualification is ideal for those wanting to gain awareness of the common mental health conditions, further understanding of the how these conditions may feel, their effects they have on the individual & people around them and gain an understanding of the ways in which these conditions can be managed.
The qualification is certificated and learners must demonstrate their knowledge of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the mandatory units to be awarded the certificate.
This is what our learners had to say about the qualification:
“I thought the course was very good, informative and without all of the confusing words and phrases that normally come with courses such as this.”
“Very good support which provides in depth help and feedback throughout the course. Well worth doing.”
- Understand how mental health can affect an individual’s ability and those around them
- Appreciate how to potentially manage and support people with their illness on a day-to-day basis
- Learn about the common Mental health conditions including Anxiety, depression, ADHD, PTSD and OCD
- Understanding the symptoms, signs and triggers for each condition
- Learn about mental health legislation
- Find out about how the NHS supports individuals and affected people with mental health conditions
You must be a British, EU or EEA citizen, had been a permanent resident of the UK, EU or EEA for the whole of the previous 3 years and aged 19 or over. If you are aged between 19 and 23, you must also hold a Level 2 qualification.
If you choose to complete the course online, you will need a computer or a laptop with access to the internet. If not, you’ll just need writing materials for the postal work booklet (it helps to underline in pencil).
Once complete, you may complete another free qualification. We recommend Level 2 Working with People with Mental Health Needs, Level 2 Understanding Behaviour That Challenges or Children and Young People’s Mental Health qualification. There is a variety of courses available, so please look at our courses and see what interests you.
Mode of Study
Online, remote delivery or postal
FREE* see entry requirements for conditions