We are one of the few colleges in the country with a specific strategy around competitions and we actively promote the competitive spirit. We think competition work is very important as it encourages you to demonstrate your skills, to strive for excellence and to achieve your best.
All our students are encouraged to develop their skills through participating in competitions, including at national and international levels. Competitions are an excellent way of enabling students to practice real-world employability skills including performing under pressure, delivering to tight deadlines and being judged by employers against industry standards. Taking part in live activities inspires young people to get enthusiastic about their future career options.
Just this year, students from North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College have triumphed at the national finals of the WorldSkills UK LIVE competition, putting the college in first place in England after winning five Gold medals, six Silver and three Bronze medals overall. Read the whole story by visiting the section below.
Other competition successes:
- First and Second place in Johnstone’s Trade Young Painter of the Year
- First and Third place in Ragdale Hall Spa, Student of Excellence Competition
- Runner-up Prize in Better Lives Photography Competition
- Second Place in Super Foods Peru Young Chef of the Year Competition
- First place in British Culinary Federation Student Cook and Serve competition