You may be eligible for a free meal on the days you attend College or course placement if you are:
Aged between 16 and 18 on 31 August 2019
Aged between 19 and 25 on 31 August 2019 and have a Learning Difficulty Assessment or Education Health and Care Plan
Your parent/carer is in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support/Universal Credit
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Guarantee element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credits and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Students aged 19 or over are only eligible to receive a free meal if they are continuing on a study programme they began aged 16 to 18 (‘19+ continuers’) or have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
If the above criteria does not apply, then you may still be eligible for free lunch if you qualify through the Student Bursary Fund.
Get in touch today to find out more!