Industry Placements are a great way to trial the next generation of workers. They provide an opportunity for young people to develop their technical skills through support by industry experts.
We have a dedicated team of Industry Placement Coordinators who will work closely with you to agree on projects that will develop the growth of your workforce. The Industry Placement Coordinator works closely with each student on a Placement Preparation Plan, where they are matched to the correct employer and job role related to their course. This ensures all students have professional attitudes and behaviours before entering the workplace.
Benefits for your business
- Free recruitment service to find the right candidate for you
- Funding available to support costs of uniform, PPE, tools and travel through the ‘Employer Support Fund’
- ‘Capacity delivery fund’ to support student travel and lunch expenses
- Students will work 1-2 days, or an agreed block to support business needs
- Businesses have no obligation to pay a wage to the student
- Upskilling the future workforce
- Boost corporate reputation
- Resolve skills shortages
- Insight to see how an apprenticeship would work for you
‘If you are open to the idea of offering a placement opportunity, we will discuss with you what your needs are and decide together on the best type of placement. There may be some bottom drawer projects which you simply do not have the time to get off the ground. What the industry placement student can do, is come in and have an induction within the company and be able to pick up those bottom draw projects.’- Dawn Helsby- Student Employability Manager
For more information on Industry Placements and the recent Government incentives, email firstname.lastname@example.org