NWSLC Enrolment 2020
Enrolment at College will be a little different this year as a result of the coronavirus, returning students and new students will be enrolled online and not face-to-face. We hope you are all looking forward to the new academic year and we look forward to welcoming you to North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College to support you to reach your goals and aspirations.
If you have been offered a place at College already, your place is guaranteed. However, if you have not done so already, please confirm you have accepted the offer made to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your name and date of birth, stating that you wish to accept your place.
When does enrolment take place?
Enrolment will start on GCSE results day at 1 pm Thursday 20th August and finish end of day Thursday 27th August.
I have applied for a place in September, what will happen at enrolment?
- Enrolment is now online.
- You will receive a phone call either from your tutor or from the Information, Advice and Guidance Team.
- They will talk through your application with you and conduct an interview This is a discussion to help identify the appropriate level, of course, you need to start at.
- You will then be sent a link via email for you to complete a form with two parts:
- Your enrolment form
- And your electronic learning agreement
- You will also need to upload your GCSE results, so make sure you have these to hand.
- Fill these forms in, upload your GCSE results then send back to us.
- You are now done! You will be sent a letter confirming your enrolment and what you will need to do and where you will need to go in September.
To make sure that we can support you on your course to be successful, we will also ask if you need any additional support to help you at college. If this is the case someone from the relevant department will contact you to discuss your individual needs.
What if I didn’t get the GCSE grades that I wanted?
If you did not get the grades you were hoping for, do not worry! Our Information, Advice and Guidance Team are here to make sure you find your perfect course and start at the level that is best for you.
I don’t have access to the internet and/or a computer.
Not everyone has access to the internet or a computer at home. If that is the case for you, then you will be able to come onsite to complete your enrolment. We have set up our campuses to ensure staff and students can maintain social distancing and all equipment is cleaned on a regular basis.
Contact us today on 0330 058 3000 and we will arrange a time slot for you to come in.
What if I need learning support?
You will be asked about any additional support you may need when you fill in your enrolment form. If you do need additional support, our team will be in touch with you to make sure you have everything you need.
I haven’t applied yet.
If you haven’t yet applied please go on to our website and look at the many courses available that interest you. When you decide which course you are interested in click the apply now button. This will start the process of enrolment and someone from College will contact you to discuss your application. Alternatively, if you do not have a computer, you can pop in to see us on site.
Please remember to bring your GCSE results with you and to call ahead to arrange slot.
- If you come on to campus you will be asked to fill in an application form, then you will speak with our Information, Advice and Guidance Team.
- You will then have the chance to meet a course tutor who will talk about the course you are interested in and go through your GCSE results.
- You will complete an online enrolment form and an electronic learning agreement and be sent the links to submit these online.
- Our team will then send a letter confirming your enrolment and what you will need to do and where you will need to go in September.
I was at College last year and am coming back for my second/third year
Keep an eye out for a text and/or an email with a link. You will need to fill this out and send it back to us as soon as you can.
What about financial support?
Once you have enrolled you will be able to apply to the Student Bursary Fund for Financial Support.
What’s next after enrolment?
Congratulations, you have enrolled! The next step is your induction to your course.
The majority of your induction will be held online and all of the information you need will be sent to you.
A brief rundown of induction is below:
- Welcome from Marion Plant OBE, Principal
- Welcome from your tutor
- Teams training – how Microsoft Teams will be used as part of your learning
- Getting to know Moodle and The Box
- Completing diagnostics in Maths and English
- Safeguarding – keeping you safe at College
COVID 19 won’t stop us celebrating your first week at College! Our Fresher’s Festival will still take place – just online. More details will be sent to you closer to the time.