Apprenticeship Non-Levy Payer

Non-Levy Payer frequently asked questions


What is the Apprenticeship levy?

The Apprenticeship levy is a tax that supports the government’s pledge to create three million Apprenticeship starts by 2020.


What are the benefits for non-levy payers with more than 50 employees?

  • There is no age limit for Apprentices
  • You pay 5% of the cost. The remaining 95% will be co-invested by the Government
  • You will receive a £1000 incentive when you employ an Apprentice who is aged 16-18
  • You will receive a £1000 incentive when you employ an Apprentice who is 19-24 and has an education, health and care plan

What are the benefits for non-levy payers with fewer than 50 employees?

  • There is no age limit for Apprentices
  • If you employ an Apprentice aged 16 to 18, you will be exempt from paying the 5% co-investment. Training costs will be covered by the Government providing they are within the funding cap.
  • You will receive a £1000 incentive when you employ an Apprentice who is 16-18 or an Apprentice who is 19-24 and has an education, health and care plan

What is the Apprenticeship Service Account?

If you won’t be paying into the levy, you will use this account to:

  • Search for training providers
  • Search for an assessment organisation, this will be different to your chosen provider

Finding a training provider and assessment centre

As an employer you will be able access apprenticeship delivery from a training provider on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP). Our UKPRN is: 10004718

End point assessment will be delivered by a different provider.

You will be able to search for a training provider and end point assessment centre via the Apprenticeship Service Account.