NWSLC understand that classroom learning is not for everyone. We believe that Apprenticeships are a great way to find a job within the industry you want to work in, gain hands-on experience and earn some money whilst working towards a nationally-recognised qualification.
We offer a wide variety of Apprenticeships throughout the Midlands region, with a particular focus on vacancies in Leicester, Hinckley, Nuneaton and Coventry.
BENEFITS OF AN APPRENTICESHIP
- Earn whilst you learn
- Gain a recognised qualification
- Receive on-the-job training
- Study a wide choice of apprenticeships from various sectors
- Retrain and upskill
HOW TO APPLY
To find an Apprenticeship, you will need to be employed or identify an employer who is looking for an Apprentice. If you are interested in an Apprenticeship, you have two options:
- Please visit our Apprenticeships Current Vacancies page, browse through the current vacancies and apply for the one that’s right for you.
- If you don’t want to apply for a specific vacancy or can’t find one that’s appealing, but you are interested in doing an apprenticeship in a certain industry, please register your interest with us by filling out this form – please select ‘Apprenticeships’ from the drop-down list before submitting the registration. You can always Browse our Apprenticeships to learn more about what we offer.
If you need further information, you can download our Apprenticeship student guide here.
Browse our offer to find an apprenticeship and take the first step towards your dream job!
What are Apprenticeships?
As an Apprentice you will work as a paid employee whilst working towards your qualification.
They take between 1-5 years depending on the level, sector and your prior skills
Why choose an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are more than just a qualification. They allow you to become a pro in your chosen field, earning a wage whilst making a real impact in the workplace.
Our Apprenticeship offer is designed to meet industry demands, our aim is to make sure you pursue a career you are passionate about.
Earn while you learn, develop skills employers actually want and become more confident and self-assured. If you want to get stuck in right away, earning a wage and gaining real work experience, then the Apprenticeship option is the right one for you.
How much will I be paid?
Apprentices are paid at least the national minimum apprenticeship wage, £3.90 per hour (April 2019), with many employers paying more.
How many hours will I work?
You will work for at least 30 hours a week with your employer.
Training for your qualification will take place either at your place of work or in College, usually for one day per week
When can I start?
Apprentices are available to start throughout the year