Level 2 Music
Level 2 Music
This music course focuses on the fundamental elements of music for both musicians and music technologists, it gives all students the opportunity to develop their skills and capabilities as they begin their career in music.
There are two paths to choose from on the course; you may study as either a performer or technologist. Either route will have you involved in exciting and true-to-industry music projects, playing, writing and producing many different styles of music, as well as developing skills for self-promotion and professional development as a modern musician.
- Studying as a performer
- Enhance your instrumental technique
- Take part in band rehearsals
- Perform in live shows
- Studying as a technologist – work with equipment and programmes used by working professionals, such as Logic and Cubase
- Mixing Desks
- Microphones and P.A. systems
Entry requirements are 4 GCSE at Grade D/3 or above or a relevant Level 1 qualification.
You will be expected to supply a certain amount of your own equipment, including:
– Instrument (if performer);
– Jack-to-jack lead (If guitar, bass or keyboard player);
– Guitar tuner (if guitar or bass player);
– Drum sticks (if drummer);
– Cymbals (if drummer);
– Pen, pencil and notepad for taking notes in lessons;
– Music Notation paper (for music theory lessons);
– 8GB USB Flash Drive/Memory Stick.
The course is designed as a means to build skills and experience before moving on to either a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Music, or a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Music Technology.
The course is also appropriate for progression onto apprenticeships and work placements.
Mode of Study
Courses are free for 16-18 who have not studied higher than GCSE's. Even if you have studied a different course at college or sixth form we may still be able to help. Speak to the admissions team for more information. There maybe free or reduced costs for adults, contact the admissions team to see if you are eligible.