This Apprenticeship will enable you to gain experience in the repair of light vehicles including cars and vans. You will work on all the systems found within the vehicle. The nature of the work ranges from replacing simple parts through to solving complex faults with the use of diagnostic methods and equipment.
- The basics of vehicle technologies and emerging technologies
- Types and characteristics of light vehicles
- Diagnostic principles and logical problem-solving techniques
- Basic tasks common to all procedures
- How to maintain a safe and efficient workshop
- Using specialist equipment
- Servicing and maintaining a vehicle without supervision
- Investigating vehicle faults and identifying causes
- Removing, repairing and replacing parts in line with manufacturer’s standards.
Entry requirements are a Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject or relevant work experience depending on the employer
Mode of Study
Mira Technology Institute