Funding only applies to certain England postcodes – please check your postcode to make sure you’re eligible for a free course.
*This course is free only for residents within the following areas: Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Sandwell and Dudley.
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Why is it different?
– No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasises hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
– More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification.
– Focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
– The new Security+ certification covers the Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester job role, in addition to the previous job roles for Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, and Security Administrator.
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermedi¬ate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents – not just identify them.
CompTIA Security+ develops the skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Jobs that use Security+ include:
– Systems Administrator
– Security Administrator
– Network Administrator
– IT Auditor / Penetration Tester
- Threats, attacks and vulnerabilities – detecting various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning
- Technologies and tools – installing, configuring, and deploying network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organisational security
- Architecture and design – implementing secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Identity and access management – installing and configuring identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Risk management – implementing and summarising risk management best practices and the business impact
- Cryptography and PKI – Installing and configuring wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
To be eligible for this course, applicants will be required to have passed CompTIA A+.
Free funding may be available to those that live in the following areas: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton. To find out if you’re eligible, please enquire now.
Move onto a Higher Education, IT & Digital Apprenticeships.
Mode of Study
The courses are free to learners aged 19+ employed and unemployed in the eligible postcode area. Non-eligible area: £741.00