Funding only applies to certain England postcodes – please check your postcode to make sure you’re eligible for a free course.
This course is free only for residents within the following areas: Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Sandwell and Dudley.
The CompTIA Network+ qualification helps IT professionals develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring and managing networks. This online course ensures learners have the knowledge and skills to:
• Design and implement functional networks
• Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
• Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
• Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
• Implement network security, standards, and protocols
• Troubleshoot network problems
• Support the creation of virtualised networks
This course is aimed at Network Engineers who are responsible for building and designing communication networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and intranets. These systems can be as simple as two computers and as complex as multisystem enterprise networks with cloud integration.
Responsibilities of a Network Engineer include:
• Designing, deploying, managing and troubleshooting networks
• Analysing network traffic and predicting growth to determine future needs
• Presenting to leadership their plans and explaining how they meet the needs of the organisation
• Understanding cybersecurity and how it affects networks
• Staying up to date on the latest technologies to determine the best options for their organisation
Network Engineers may share some of the same responsibilities as network administrators, and in some organisations, a network engineer and network administrator may be one in the same.
Jobs that use Network+ include:
• Systems Engineer
• Systems Administrator
• Unix Administrator/Engineer
• Network Administrator
- Networking concepts
- Network Operations
- Network Security
- Network Troubleshooting & Tools
Preferably core CompTIA A+ or other IT based qualifications and some networking experience.
Other than a notepad all equipment required for training will be supplied.
On successful completion of this course, you can move onto the CompTIA Security+ should you wish to pursue a career in cyber security.
Mode of Study
The courses are free to learners aged 19+ employed and unemployed in the eligible postcode area. Non-eligible area: £711.00