CompTIA IT Fundamentals
CompTIA IT Fundamentals
*This course is free only for residents within the following areas: Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Sandwell and Dudley.
CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills and a pre-career starting point that helps individuals decide if a career in IT is right for them. It can also help organisations prepare non-technical teams for digital transformation.
Why is it different?
ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, application and software, software development, database fundamentals, and security.
In addition, candidates will have the ability to demonstrate their knowledge to:
– Install software
– Establish basic network connectivity
– Identify/prevent basic security risks
– Explain troubleshooting theory and preventative maintenance of devices
- IT concepts and terminology – understanding the basics of computing, systems, data and troubleshooting
- Applications and software – identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Infrastructure – understanding the hardware components in a computer, installing additional devices such as printers and establishing a basic wireless network
- Software development – understanding programming languages and their purpose
- Database fundamentals – understanding database concepts, structures and purpose
- Security – identifying and preventing basic security risks
You do not need to hold any digital qualifications but a keen interest in the subject and a desire to work in the sector are key.
Free funding may be available to those that live in the following areas: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton. To find out if you’re eligible, please enquire now.
On successful completion of the CompTIA ITF+ exam certification, you will be able to progress onto the CompTIA A+, which many employers in the digital sector look for when recruiting staff.
Mode of Study
The courses are free to learners aged 19+ employed and unemployed in the eligible postcode area. Non-eligible area: £371.00