*This course is free only for residents within the following areas: Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Sandwell and Dudley.
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem-solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world.
Why is it different?
CompTIA A+ is the only industry recognised credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management and technical support roles.
CompTIA A+ is regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace.
Successful candidates will have the skills to:
– Support basic IT infrastructure, including endpoint management, advanced device connectivity troubleshooting, and basic networking
– Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware, including components, connectors and peripherals
– Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
– Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals, including detecting and removing malware, addressing privacy concerns, physical security and device hardening
– Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
Jobs that use A+ include:
– Service Desk Analyst
– Help Desk Technician
– Technical Support Specialist
– Field Service Technician
– Associate Network Engineer
– Data Support Technician
– Desktop Support Administrator
– End User Computing Technician
– System Support Specialist
- Hardware – identifying, using and connecting hardware components and devices
- Operating systems – installing and supporting Windows OS including command line and client support. Understanding Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS
- Software troubleshooting – troubleshooting PC and mobile device issues including application security support
- Networking – explaining types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO
- Hardware and network troubleshooting – troubleshooting device and network issues
- Security – identifying and protecting against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
- Mobile devices – installing and configuring laptops and other mobile devices
- Virtualization and cloud computing – comparing and contrasting cloud computing concepts and set up client-side virtualization
- Operational procedures – following best practices for safety, environmental impacts, communication and professionalism
To be eligible for this course, applicants will be required to have either passed the CompTIA IT Fundamentals or have a basic knowledge of Windows, PC and Web browsing.
Free funding may be available to those that live in the following areas: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton. To find out if you’re eligible, please enquire now.
The course will prepare you to take the CompTIA A+ exam and will enable you to progress onto the CompTIA Security+, should you wish to pursue a career in security.
Mode of Study
The courses are free to learners aged 19+ employed and unemployed in the eligible postcode area. Non-eligible area: £670.00