Information, Advice and Guidance
We have a team of dedicated career experts that will make sure you are on track to pursue a career you are passionate about.
We offer impartial one to one guidance appointments at the college; these are easily accessible and can be booked through the reception team and by email. If you are an existing student, you can also arrange a guidance appointment via your employability coach.
What careers advisors do:
- Listen to you carefully and provide impartial information.
- Give you the information and advice you need to make your own decision.
- Ask questions to help you clarify your goals and come up with an action plan.
- Help you to explore career paths and make sure you are aware of all of your options so that you can make an informed choice about your future.
- Work with you to realise your own ambitions and tailor the information to your needs.
You can book as many appointments as you need, there is no limit on the number of times you can see a Careers Advisor.
We have a team of dedicated career experts that will make sure you are on track to pursue a career you are passionate about. If you are unsure which path to take, the Guidance Team can provide free, impartial advice on further studying, careers and applying for jobs.
- Get help in choosing the right course at University/ College
- Information and advice on completing the UCAS application form
- Stand out from the crowd with advice on writing your personal statement
- Financial advice on the cost of Higher Education
Impartial advice and guidance
If you are a school leaver still deciding which direction to take, are unemployed, or not sure what you want to do when you finish your course, our Guidance Team can provide free, impartial advice on:
- Qualifications: further and higher education options
- Money: what help is available
- Helping you figure out which career path you’d like to take
- Getting your ideal job, including searching for jobs, perfecting your CV, filling in applications forms and interview preparation
You don’t have to be a student at the College to benefit from this service, to find out more get in touch!
The matrix Standard is a unique quality standard for organisations to assess and measure their advice and support services, which ultimately supports individuals in their choice of career, learning, work and life goals.
Get in touch today to find out more!