Five of our talented students took part in competitions at the Beauty UK exhibition this week.
Beauty UK is the largest trade show outside of London and welcomes thousands of beauty professionals from around the country.
The students along with lecturers Leanne and Lucy attended the event to compete in the National Make-up Awards 2019, testing their skills in bridal hair and make-up, high fashion make up, prosthetics and body art.
Leanne said: “The students were up against tough competition, with many other entrants on higher level qualifications. Despite this, they produced some amazing work and achieved great success. This competition is judged by industry professional judges so we are delighted to be recognised as a college that produces national award winners.”
Bridal: Natural Fresh Brides around the World
- 2nd Place bridal Make-up Hollie Darlington
- 2nd Place bridal Hair Mia Harper
- 3rd Place bridal hair Hollie Darlington
High Fashion: Dior 1920s or 1950s
- 2nd Place Dior Make-up Mia Harper
Prosthetic Fantasy: X-Men
- 2nd Place Lillian Neil
Airbrush/Body Art: Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel
- 3rd Place Natalie Page
- 2nd Overall hair award: Mia Harper
- 2nd Overall Make-up award: Hollie Darlington
- 3rd Overall hair award: Hollie Darlington
Congratulations to all those who took part!
You may also like
31 May, 2019
23 May, 2019