Digital WM Apprenticeships
Employees with skills sets in software programming are the most sought-after with roughly one-quarter of all jobs being advertised in the digital sector seeking software talent. In the Tech Nation March 2017 report, over 50% of businesses in the digital sector felt that their greatest challenge to growth was sourcing and retaining talent with the right skills. Clearly, there is a need to engage with employers and partners throughout the West Midlands to not only identify their current skills gaps and shortages but to provide solutions to address the future requirements of the industry.
Established in 2018, Digital West Midlands has been launched as the result of a unique collaboration between three partner colleges in Coventry and Warwickshire:
- Coventry College
- North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College
The objectives of this project are to:
- Increase the number of apprenticeships within the digital sector.
- Lead employer engagement in the digital sector to promote bespoke training solutions.
- Deliver high-quality training and recruitment services that meet employers needs in terms of relevance and customer satisfaction.
- Develop our apprenticeship offer at advanced and higher levels based on feedback from employers and by utilising market intelligence.
- To work with employers and partners to engage in new markets.
- Provide a clear progression route onto degree apprenticeships.
Why use us?
Digital WM is unique in its approach to engaging with employers and stakeholders as the service we provide offers key benefits to your business:
Timely Response – Digital WM will respond to your enquiry within two working days.
Consultative approach – Digital WM will complete a Skills Needs Analysis with you to understand your current and future recruitment and training needs and to provide you with cost-effective solutions.
A choice of three delivery partners providing employers with flexibility in terms of location, apprenticeship offer, delivery model and price.
The three college partners are all graded good (2) by Ofsted.
Account Manager – You will have one point of contact to discuss apprenticeship requirements in terms of staff recruitment, retention and help to address skills gaps and shortages.
Ability to drive change – We work with you to develop new qualifications and bespoke training solutions including Distance Learning packages.
Complimentary apprenticeship recruitment and vacancy advertising service.
Apprenticeship Funding – We can help you to navigate through the apprenticeship reforms and funding and what this means to your business.
Employer Grants – Make you aware of financial grants that may be available to employers with less than 49 employees when you recruit an apprentice who is aged 16-18 or aged 19+ and in receipt of an Educational Health Care Plan (subject to stringent eligibility requirements).
Apprenticeship Levy – Let us support and advise you on how to utilise your levy to recruit new apprentices and up-skill your existing workforce.
Employers have 24 months to use their levy. From April 2019, any funding that remains in your levy account will expire. Use it, don’t lose it!
DWM offers Digital Apprenticeships for:
- IT Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- IT Application Specialists
- Infrastructure Technicians
- Unified Communications Technicians (Telecoms)
- Network Engineers
- Digital Marketers
- Team Leaders/Supervisors
- Operations/Department Managers